BENDIGO COMMUNITY BANK®. SCHOLARSHIP
Diamond Creek Women’s Football Club strongly believes that it has a responsibility to promote and encourage females to participate in football throughout the community, even though they may not play at Diamond Creek. The Community Liaison program will see DCWFC actively run coaching clinics with unaligned Junior Clubs in the local area. The aim of these clinics is to increase the football skills of junior players in the region and allow them to meet talented footballers.
Additionally DCWFC often have External Coaches running specific skills sessions at the Club. As part of being involved in the Community Liaison Program, DCWCF will invite Coaches from these Clubs to attend free of charge. These Coaching Sessions are often funded in part via sponsors like Bendigo Community Bank® Diamond Creek and DCWFC.
Bendigo Community Bank® Diamond Creek and DCWFC support both the grassroots and the elite development of the game. Bendigo Community Bank® funding is targeted for various programs for players such as;
- Use of External Coaches to improve the State League DCWFC players.
- The development of specific Coaching courses for juniors from Under 12’s to Under 18’s. These courses will be targeted for each age group and include skills such as kicking, tackling and game plans.
- Clubs participating in the DCWFC Community Liaison program will have their Coaches invited to these coaching courses. It is aimed to share the knowledge of these expert coaches and for the local Coaches to return to their Club and use this knowledge to improve their own players
- Senior DCWFC players to conduct coaching clinics at local junior clubs to develop grassroots football.
- Cost subsidization of players playing representative football
The benefits of Bendigo Community Bank®. funding enables DCWFC and Bendigo Community Bank® Diamond Creek to support clubs across northern Melbourne. It is planned for this program to be continually expand year on year.